Mini Baking Haul

I had planned to just add this little "haul" onto the end of my next Sunday Savings post, but I think that might make it too long, so I decided to give it its own post - and here it is: my Mini Baking Haul!

I am in love with sweets and baking. I go to the Cake Expo every year, and this year I'm going to the Cake Bake and Sweets Show as well. I follow so many awesome bakers/makers/etc on Instagram and wish with all of my heart that I could do the things that they do - and I guess I could, if I bothered to try.


I own a lot of baking things. They're mostly cookie cutters, and cake/cupcake moulds in different shapes, but I also own a lot of piping equipment, a donut maker, dessert cookbooks, a fondue machine (not really baking, but still sweets related) and other things too - so whenever people come over they look at my shelf and say, "Oh, you must bake a lot," and I kind of look at the ground and say "Well..."


In short, I don't bake. I make some store bought cake mixes every now, and try to decorate them so they're pretty enough to go on Instagram, but I don't bake anywhere near as much as I would like to. 

It's one of my biggest goals though; to start baking, to become confident in the kitchen, to be that friend that shows up to any party or event and brings an amazing dessert for everyone to share - that is the dream. But, for now, I'm just collecting more baking items and dreaming.

In the future, I'll do a post showing every thing baking and sweets related that I own (I plan to do a few collection posts actually, since they're one of my favourite type of posts to read, and I collect a lot of things), but I want to wait until after Daniel and I have revamped the cabinet that I currently keep all my baking things in, and that could take a while.

Everything in this post is from ALDI. Every now and then they come out with some really cute baking things, and after seeing the catalogue last week, I put aside $50 so I could get what I wanted (which was practically everything). 

Despite what it may seem like on my social media, I really do hate spending money. It always makes me feel guilty. I save most of it, but it does still get to me. Looking around at all the beautiful things I own does help cheer me up though. I once lost everything I owned in a fire, so I really do appreciate everything I have now, and it makes me feel really good that I worked for it all.


So, hopefully, one day I'll be able to post about the amazing creations I make in the kitchen (and hopefully it will be my own kitchen, in my own house, decorated in the most nauseating shade of pink imaginable), but for now, these are all just decorations that make me really excited for the future.

Until next time,
Indya xx

Popular Posts