Sunday Savings #4

I wasn't sure if I would get time to visit the op shops this weekend, but I managed to get everything I had planned done on the Friday and Saturday, leaving Sunday completely free to do my usual shopping. Plus, I had some birthday money to spend, so I managed to get quite a few things!



First up is this ADORABLE tea cup and saucer. They're from the brand Crofton, and after lots of searching, I am pretty sure they were originally $6.99.

Total spent: $2.99
Total saved: $4.99





These two plates, which perfectly fit my new obsession with pink, were IMPOSSIBLE to find online. They are from the brand "Modern Living", which is a very common phrase so Googling it was a nightmare, plus they didn't have their own website. On the back they do say that they're made of porcelain, so I looked up porcelain plates on eBay and saw a lot of singular plates for sale for $4, and I got both of these for $2.99, so I'm pretty happy.

Total spent: $2.99
Total saved: $1.01



This next item, which is once again pink, had no writing or pictures on it at all, which means I could not find its original price. However, there are a lot of similar items on Etsy and eBay which range in prices - some were even up to $30 - but I chose to compare the price to the ones that most resembled mine, which were £10.99 each, or $19.07 AUD. Not too bad for a vintage/retro-style item, since they are very popular, but I'm still glad that I only paid $2.99.

Total spent: $2.99
Total saved: $16.08

~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~



This cute little heart (which is NOT broken, as my boyfriend thought, but merely has a flat end so it can stand up on a shelf) was only $2.99, and when I saw that it originally came from Typo I thought I would have saved quite a bit of money, but once I got home I checked their website and saw that they're only $3.46! I am still happy with it though.

Total spent: $2.99
Total saved: $0.47

I adore organisation, so all my documents have to be properly stored and categorised. Since I also look after all of Daniel's documents, my current binder is very, very full and heavy, and I've been needing a new one for far too long, so I grabbed this one as soon as I saw it.

A sticker on the back says it's from Big W, and while I couldn't find this exact binder on their website, I did find another pink binder for $5, which isn't bad, but still more than the $1.99 that I paid.

Total spent: $1.99
Total saved: $3.01


These may be boring compared to the other, prettier items, but they are by far the biggest save of the day! In my office I have two bins, one for recycling and one for everything else, but at the moment they're just two bags hanging off my desk, so when I saw these guys for $2.99 each, I knew I had to get them (even though they aren't pink... *sigh*). On the bottom they have stickers stating that they're small mesh bins from Staples, which I looked up online and discovered that they're $29.35 each! Bless whoever gave them up for me to discover.

Total spent: $5.98
Total saved: $52.72
















































I've been wanting to read Go Ask Alice for a while. It's taken directly from a teenage girl's diary as she battles with drug addiction. Definitely not the happiest of stories, but I've heard it's really good, so when I saw it for $1.99, I had to get it.

The second book was $2.99. I had never heard of it before, but the Penguin cover drew me to it (I love them, I don't know why). According to the blurb, it's about the author Gerald growing up with his strange family. Since I love true stories and autobiographies, I thought I'd give it a try. Once again, I've compared what I paid to the price that Book Depository has them for, as that's where I usually buy my books.

Total spent: $4.98
Total saved: $29.57

Total spent overall: $24.91
Total saved overall: $103.19

~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~

I did buy one other thing, which was a piece of clothing to go with the Cosplay outfit that I'm planning for this year's PAX Aus, but I decided to keep it a secret until I write the adventure post about it. Unfortunately, the event isn't until November, but hopefully my outfit will be worth the wait!

I did lots of things over the last two days for my birthday, and got so many amazing presents (honestly, I can't believe how well my friends know me), which I will put up a post about next week! Keep an eye on my Twitter for updates on bonus blog posts, as well my usual adventure posts on Fridays, and of course my Sunday Savings posts.

Until next time,
Indya xx

Popular Posts