Sunday Savings #11

My books-to-read-next pile is bigger than ever lately, especially after my last two Sunday Savings post, but that didn't stop me getting even more this week. Even though, once again, I went into Savers telling myself I wasn't going to get books. I just wanted to buy a nice jar since I'm going to do another memory jar this year, but after I couldn't find one I let myself browse the book section (I had to get something to write about!), and the rest was history. Anyway, enjoy!



I know I don't need these, and I know I especially didn't need both, but I just couldn't walk away from them. I love both travel mugs and polka dots far too much. They don't have any distinctive writing on them other than "Caution Contents Hot" so I couldn't find an exact match online, but I did find one in black with white polka dots that has the same sized polka dots (all the others I found had much smaller dots) and lid, so I just compared them to that.

Total spent: $5.98
Total saved:$45.92

~                    ~                    ~                    ~                    ~                    ~                    ~                    ~



After buying season eleven in a recent Sunday Savings post and enjoying, I went and bought 1-4 on one of my days off (which is why they weren't in a Sunday Savings post), and ended up finishing them all quite quickly, so I thought I'd get some more while I was in Cash Converters today. At JB Hi-Fi each one of these are $19.98, but I got them for $3 each.

Total spent: $9
Total saved: $50.94

~                    ~                    ~                    ~                    ~                    ~                    ~                    ~



I am so happy with these finds! Oscar Wilde is such a revered writer, and I am yet to have read any of his work, so I'm very eager to start one of these. The Picture of Dorian Gray is on the Rory Gilmore Challenge too, so it's already very high up on my to-read-next list.


Total spent: $4.98
Total saved: $17.27

~                    ~                    ~                    ~                    ~                    ~                    ~                    ~



I've been meaning to pick up A Thousand Splendid Suns for a while, so today I decided to finally do it. I've also been interesting in reading something by Plato for sometime now, and I'm happy to start with The Last Days of Socrates as it is quite a short read, and I've heard a lot of good things about it.


Total spent: $4.98
Total saved: $45.31

~                    ~                    ~                    ~                    ~                    ~                    ~                    ~




I honestly don't know why I keep buying Nick Hornby books when the ones I've read really haven't wowed me at all, but I guess they're not terrible, and they're fairly easy reads. This one will probably be on the shelf for quite some time though because, as I said, I have a huge to-read-next pile at the moment. The Portrait of a Lady will probably be on the shelf for quite some time too, but I do have some other books by Henry James that I'd like to read sometime this year.

Total spent: $4.98
Total saved: $30.52

Total spent overall: $29.92
Total saved overall: $189.96

~                    ~                    ~                    ~                    ~                    ~                    ~                    ~

I've already read 3 books this year, and it's only January 8th, so I'm very excited to see how many I manage to complete by the end of the year. Last year I read 65, which is more than I've ever read in one year, and I wasn't sure if I could do it again, so I set myself a goal of reading 13 books this year - which would bring me up to 200 in total - but now I'm thinking I could have set it much higher. I won't stop until I've read as many books as I possibly can!

Until next time,
Indya xx

Popular Posts