Sunday Savings #13

I'm starting to think I should just rename these posts "Sunday Book Haul", since that's what they usually turn out to be. It doesn't have quite the same ring to it, though. This week I focused on looking for books from the Rory Gilmore Challenge, as there are so many of them, and I want to be able to cross off a few from the list throughout the year, but I only ended up finding two. The rest of the books have all been on my to-read list for a while now though, so I'm still quite happy with the ones I got.



 The Nanny Diaries.
I see this book at nearly every single op shop I go into, but I didn't realise it was on the Rory Gilmore Challenge until yesterday (there's over 300 books on the list, it's hard to remember all the names of them) so I kept an eye out for it today and picked it up. It's definitely one of the easier books to read that's on the list (some of them have over 900 pages!) so I'm hoping it'll be one I finish this year.

 Water For Elephants.
This one isn't from the challenge, nor do I actually know what it's about, but it's been on my to-read list for quite a while. It has over a million ratings on Goodreads so it must be worth reading!

 The Odyssey.
Whilst this title isn't on the challenge either, another one of Homer's works is, so I thought this still might be worth a read. I don't know much about Homer's works other than the fact that they're extremely long poems, but I have many Goodreads friends that love his books, so I would like to read them someday.

 All The Light We Cannot See.
This book isn't on the challenge, but it is one that I am quite excited to read. The page count scares me, but it was only printed in 2014 so the language should be modern, and therefore make it a lot easier for me to breeze through. Plus, books about the second World War are always interesting.

 Oliver Twist.
I've read a few different versions of the Rory Gilmore Challenge. Some include Oliver Twist and others don't, but the ones that didn't were always filled with comments from Gilmore Girls fans insisting that Oliver Twist should be on it because of a conversation Rory has with Jess where one of them calls the other 'Dodger'. Once again, I don't know what Oliver Twist is about so I'm not sure if that is referencing the book (although I don't doubt that it is), but I've heard a lot about the book regardless and, after skimming over the blurb, decided it sounded pretty interesting so I picked it up.

 The Happiest Refugee.
Admittedly I don't watch a lot of Australian television at all, but I am still familiar with Anh as a comedian, and always loved that he was a bright and cheerful person. I see this book quite often at op shops, and finally decided to pick it up today. Anh has been through a lot - as all refugees have - and still came out a positive and life-loving person, and I really admire that. I also don't know a lot of about the refugees that come to Australia, or what they have to go through to get there, despite knowing a few in real life, so I'm looking forward to educating myself on the topic.

~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~

Total spent overall: $16.47
Total saved overall: $128.44

Until next time,
Indya xx

Popular Posts