Cinnamon Crunch Banana Bread

I have been loving trying new recipes and posting about them on here, and it seems you have all been enjoying it too (seriously, nineteen comments on my last one?!), so I picked out a new recipe from Pinterest and got to work on bringing you another cooking post!


I found this wonderful recipe from Coco and Ash somewhere in the depths of Pinterest, and was immediately intrigued by the cinnamon crunch topping. After last week's almost-disaster, I decided to wait until Daniel got home from work before making it, which meant that it was around 10:30pm by the time I started, and we had a 7am wake up the next day. In hindsight, I should have done it another day, but I was too excited to wait any longer.

Cinnamon Banana Bread | The Small Adventurer
Cinnamon Banana Bread | The Small Adventurer.

Due to our time limit, and the fact that I was absolutely exhausted as usual, I decided to skip one little step that I really wish I didn't. It wasn't anything that affected how the bread came out (because it came out delicious), it just would have made it that much better. 

The recipe says to pour half the batter into your loaf pan, sprinkle some of the cinnamon topping onto it, then pour the rest of the batter in before coating it with the remaining cinnamon topping. I was a little hesitant that I wasn't going to like the cinnamon topping so I decided just to put it on top so I could cut it off if I needed to - but I definitely did not need to.

Cinnamon Banana Bread | The Small Adventurer.

The cinnamon crunch topping was delicious! It's what makes this recipe so amazing. I couldn't get enough of it. In fact, on more than one occasion, I just cut off some of the top to nibble on instead of cutting myself an actual slice! I really loved it, and will definitely put it in the middle as suggested next time I make this recipe.

I was expecting banana bread to be really difficult to make, since it's always so expensive at shops, and the fact that it has 'bread' in the title made me think it was going to be a doughy texture which, as you'll recall from my sugar cookies, is so annoying to work with. 

Luckily, banana bread is much more like a cake. There is no kneading involved and hardly any mixing either. The most difficult part was mashing the bananas! My bananas were super ripe, the skin practically fell off, yet I still found it quite difficult and time-consuming to mash them with a fork. Next time I might invest in a pastry cutter, or even use a potato masher!

Cinnamon Banana Bread | The Small Adventurer

As usual, I never expect anything I make to turn out even edible, so I was really pleased when this beautiful loaf came out of the oven and tasted delicious. Not to mention that I didn't need to run to Daniel for help this time, which makes me even more happy. 

Banana bread is one of my favourite treats ever, but I hardly ever have it because it's so pricey (I mean, it's not THAT bad, but I'd rather get 6 donuts for $3 than 5 slices of banana bread for $5). Now that I know how to make it, I'll be able to have it more often!

Cinnamon Banana Bread | The Small Adventurer.

With each recipe I try, I can feel myself growing more confident not only in the kitchen, but in life in general. The fact that I set myself a goal and have already done so well in the first few months makes me feel so happy, and really helps motivate me to keep going. There are so many different recipes I want to try (I have 188 pins to my secret 'Recipes of 2017' Pinterest board!), which will hopefully help push me to keep trying to make one per week. The possibilities are endless!

~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~

How are your yearly or monthly goals going? Anything you're really proud of?

Until next time,
Indya xx

Popular Posts