Cake Moulds and Cookie Cutters ♡ Collection Series #5

This is probably my favourite collection that I own, but I've been dreading doing this post as I knew it was going to very photo-heavy, which can be a bit boring. I tried to squeeze as many items into one photo as I could so this post wasn't a million miles long, but I could only do so much.

I'm still not 100% happy with the photos for this post, but I utilised my minimal space and sub-par lighting as best as I could. I just really wanted to show you this collection. First I'll show you what's on the shelves of my baking cabinet, and then I'll show you the contents of the drawer and cupboard underneath.



On top:
a decorating kit, two whisks, an electric beater and a mini chip basket.

First shelf: donut maker, cupcake moulds and cake pop moulds. The streamers are from my birthday.











Second shelf: cake and icing mixes, cupcake liners (behind the streamers), bi-carb soda, writing icing, ready-to-roll icing, food colouring, flavourings, cupcake-shaped spatula, and two cookie stamps.









Third shelf: cook books, jelly mix, sprinkles, chocolate fondue machine, Christmas sprinkles, cake knife, plate with cupcakes and a cookie cutter.

~            ~            ~            ~            ~            ~            ~            ~            ~            ~            ~            ~     




I'd say about 90% of my baking items are secondhand (apart from the food, of course). There were a few things here and there that I bought brand new, such as the number cake moulds that are pictured above, two cookies stamps that are pictured later on, and a few random cookie cutters that I got from cake shows.





These moulds seem far too scary to ever use, which is why I haven't tried. Truth be told, I haven't used most of my baking items, which is why I set myself a New Year's Resolution to try new recipes and actually make use of all these items.

~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~






One thing I really want to improve on is my decorating skills. I am amazed at the things that people can put on cakes and cookies, and I really want to be able to do that too. I'd love to be the kind of friend that always brings some sort of baked good to an event that fits the theme perfectly (Christmas themed food at Christmas time, Easter themed food at Easter time, etc). I think that would be so much fun.

~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~






I should probably confess now that this isn't actually my entire collection. I left out any generic items such as round cake tins, loaf pans, and a love heart cake pan, as they aren't as cute and exciting as the rest of my collection - even if they're the ones that I actually use. I also own a lot of decorating tools that aren't pictured, such as this kit from ALDI, which I really want to start using.

~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~





I actually have no idea what the clear moulds picture above are for, but I think they're for chocolate, or maybe some kind of candy. Even though I own a few chocolate moulds, I've never really cared to use them since just melting chocolate is nowhere as exciting as actually cooking something, but I do think bringing some novelty shaped chocolates to birthdays and other celebrations would be cute.

~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~

I don't think I'll ever stop collecting baking items. There are just so many unique tools and moulds out there; the possibilities are endless. However, I am running out of room in my cupboard, which may be a sign that I need to slow down! Is there anything that you like to collect, whether you've been doing it for years, or have only just begun? I would love to hear from others who enjoy collecting things. 

Until next time,
Indya xx

Popular Posts