Monday, 20 March 2017

Pink Unicorn Fudge

Unicorns are all the rage at the moment, and I'm certainly not complaining - especially since things like chubby unicorn lights and cute unicorn phone charges exist - so when I saw a super cute unicorn fudge recipe by Sprinkles For Breakfast (AKA the best website name ever), I knew I had to try it out.



I chose this recipe because it seemed pretty simple, it looks absolutely amazing, and I had never tried making fudge before. It did turn out to be quite simple to make. The recipe only stated that a microwave was needed, not a stovetop or oven, so that was definitely right up my alley.

I followed the recipe pretty much to a tee, except that I used pink food dye instead of purple candy colouring (I'm not sure what the difference is), and I used white chocolate melts instead of chocolate chips, since they are specifically for melting purposes.



Despite my awesome recipe-following skills, the fudge never really set for me. It remained incredibly sticky and I was unable to cut it into slices, so I ended up having to eat it straight out of the pan! I didn't mind too much as it was still delicious (and incredibly sweet, too), but it did mean that I couldn't take nicer photos of it.

Someone left a comment on Sprinkles For Breakfast's original post saying that theirs never set either, so I felt better knowing others had the same problem as me. I actually ended up keeping it in the fridge for days and it still never completely set.



I'm sure if I did some research I could figure out why that happened, but I'll save that for the next time I want to try making fudge. I'm too preoccupied with choosing the next recipe I want to try to focus on the ones I already have! If this was something I was going to make often, I would make it again until I got it right, but this was so super sweet, I couldn't handle having it too often.

~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~

Are you enjoying the unicorn trend as much as everyone else is? Is there anything unicorn themed that you've been particularly enjoying? I'm always up for bringing more magic into my life!

Until next time,
Indya xx