Wednesday, 8 March 2017

What I'm Loving Wednesday #10

I know that I say this a lot, but time has been going way too fast lately! I swear I was just writing up last week's What I'm Loving Wednesday post, and here I am again! Not much has happened in the last seven days, but next week I am seeing two sets of friends, as well as having an adventure-filled day with Daniel, so I'm looking forward to that. Even though not much has happened with me personally this week, I did manage to find a bunch of things that I love and want to share with you. I hope you like them too!


Photo from https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/MIMAWorkshop

1. Ice cream trinket bowls.
It's no secret that I love things that are shaped like sweets, so these adorable ice cream trinket bowls from MIMAWorkshop on Etsy are right up my alley. They also have a few popsicle and space-themed items that are just as gorgeous. Did I mention that they hand paint all their products? You can practically see the love that goes into their work.

My favourite thing about this shop, though, is that they're from Melbourne, just like me! I love seeing people I admire come from Australia, especially Melbourne, because it makes me feel that they if they can make a name for themselves without being born somewhere more fabulous like New York City or Rome, then I can too (not that I don't love Melbourne, because I do!).

~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~


Photo from femstem.com

2. The Women of NASA LEGO set.
Science writer for MIT news Maia Weinstock has been working with LEGO for a few years to bring this amazing and adorable set of LEGO figurines to life. I love the fact she decided to make the figurines into specific women instead of just "female astronaut" etc, as this gives children the chance to actually learn the names of some of the brightest women that have worked in STEM fields.

The figurines, from left to right, are of computer scientist Margaret Hamilton, mathematician Katherine Johnson, astronaut Sally Ride, astronomer Nancy Grace Roman and astronaut Mae Jemison. As you can see, there's a wonderful diversity between all five women, both in appearance and occupations, which is very important. Maia hopes that these figurines will help everyone "understand that women can and should have roles in STEM fields."

~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~

3. Bullet journaling.
After reading Eleanor May's post about her bullet journal, I decided to finally start my own. I'd never really been that interested, especially since I'm currently using three other journals for different things (not including my art journal, which I actually haven't used in a while), but I'm hoping it's going to help me keep track of things better, since I've been feeling like there's just not enough hours in the day for a while now. At the moment I have a monthly event planner, a list of monthly tasks, a daily tracker, and a daily spendings + savings tracker, which I'm hoping will make me cut down on spending. If you have any suggestions for bullet journaling, feel free to comment them down below!

~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~


Photo from thegirlwholovedtowrite.com

4. The Girl Who Loved To Write.
I love talking about blogs that I enjoy reading, and I love talking about women that I find inspiring even more, so when I find someone that fits into both of those categories, I want to all but scream from rooftops about them. Chelsea is a blogger and a mum who writes positive and motivating posts that always improve my day when I read them.

The first post of hers that I really fell in love with was her Things That Didn't Go According To Plan post, which is proof that some things do happen for a reason, and that if life doesn't give you what you really want, it's most likely because there's something even better planned for you. If you like positive women who make funny tweets, and post envy-inducing photos at the beach or pool, then Chelsea is exactly what you need!

~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~                ~

More things I have been loving lately:
* A potentially life-altering question to ask yourself.
* 20 gorgeous free fonts for your blog.
* An important blog post.
* Pusheen holding a donut is my favourite thing ever.
* This uplifting quote to tell yourself on the bad days.

Until next time,
Indya xx